Clarisell De Cardenas
Communications & Community Affairs Director
Public Information Officer
Receive a Golf Cart Permit by Registering Today!
UPDATE: Effective October 1, Effective October 1, H.B. 949 requires anyone under age 18 to possess a learner’s permit/driver’s license to operate a golf cart on a public road in Florida. It also requires those 18 and older to possess a valid I.D. when operating a golf cart on public roads. Violations will be noncriminal traffic infractions, similar to moving violations. Read more here.
Miami Lakes, FL - Own a golf cart? If you have a valid driver's license, you may be able to drive your golf cart during daylight hours within certain streets and roads within Miami Lakes with a permit!
To receive a golf cart permit, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Download the Golf Cart Registration Form
- Ensure golf cart meets all safety standards (Town Code 39-50)
- Complete the Golf Cart Registration Form and Affidavit
- Provide proof of insurance for the golf cart
- Provide your valid driver's license number
- Pay one-time $50 application fee