Presently, the Mayor and elected Councilmembers are:
|Carlos O. Alvarez
Since its incorporation, the Town of Miami Lakes operates under a Council-Manager form of government. The Council-Manager system combines the strong leadership of elected officials with the strong managerial experience of an appointed Town Manager. The Mayor and Council are elected to represent the citizens of our community and to develop policy.
The Council Legislative duties include:
- Adopt or amend any administrative regulation or establish, alter, or abolish any Town office, department, board, or agency.
- Establish a rule or regulation; the violation of which carries a penalty.
- Levy taxes or appropriate funds.
- Grant, renew, or extend a franchise.
- Set service or user charges for municipal services or grant administrative authority to set such charges.
- Authorize the borrowing of money.
- Convey, lease, or authorize by administrative action the conveyance or lease of any lands of the Town.
- Mend or repeal any ordinance previously adopted.
- Adopt an Annual Budget.