For Immediate Release
May 23, 2016
Contact: Carmen Stewart
Miami Lakes, FL - Corporate community partnerships are an important part of community involvement. True partnerships involve corporations and community based organizations engaging in long-term relationship-building, joint planning and goal-setting, joint implementation, mutual accountability and "win-win" outcomes. At the May 3rd Town Council meeting, several local businesses were recognized for their dedication and service to the community:
- Mr. Andy Perez of Andy’s Police Supply was recognized for his continued support of the residents in the community, helping with police appreciation events, and also supplying bikes for event raffles.
- Mr. Darrell Roberts of SAFEE Flight and Mr. Eduardo Luy of Wayman Aviation were recognized for their continued support with STEM education while simultaneously building awareness of careers in aviation with Miami Lakes residents.
- Mr. George Betances of Barber's Ink was commended for providing free haircuts to His House Children’s Home.
- Mr. Mike Lee of Papa John's was recognized as a long-time community partner for his continued support to the Town of Miami Lakes, the Youth Activities Task Force, and local area schools.
- The Bend and DiPiazza Pizzeria were also amongst the business owners recognized in addition to for their support in the Relay for Life event benefiting American Cancer Society.
The Town would also like to thank the businesses who participated in the Town’s first ever High School Student Job Fair. This important event aimed at matching talent with local businesses.
Modern community involvement requires a company to rethink how it can contribute to the well-being of a community beyond financial support. It leverages every asset, including the knowledge and skills of its people, to create value for both the community and the business. Companies that encourage community involvement distinguish themselves from their competitors, and see many benefits, including loyal customers and happier employees
To learn how your business can get involved, please contact Community Engagement and Outreach Director Nicole Singletary via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-512-7132.