For Immediate Release
December 29, 2015
Contact: Jackie Calzadilla
Miami Lakes, FL - The Town of Miami Lakes has successfully been tracking and reporting performance measures, as part of an ongoing effort to be accountable to the residents of Miami Lakes.
Report highlights include:
• Our Leisure Services section had a record high in summer camp participants
• Police Targeted Crimes are down significantly compared to last fiscal year
• Number of Building Inspections has increased from last fiscal year by approximately 950 inspections, validating the increase of economic activity in the Town
• The percentage of street lights working in the Town was consistently higher this fiscal year than the previous two fiscal years
• 1,191,252 sq. ft. of sidewalk flags have been pressure cleaned; surpassing our goal of 1,000,000 sq. ft
• Large increase in the number of indoor facility, field and pavilion rentals which can be attributed to the implementation of our online reservation system (Etrack-2014), which provides for a more efficient and accessible method for making reservations: www.miamilakes-fl.gov/parkres
• There was an 87% compliance rate for this year’s Town Code Awareness Initiative to conceal garbage and recycling containers from the public eye.
The Town is continually working to improve delivery of services and how these services are measured and evaluated. We are pleased to report, the Fourth Quarter Performance Report from July – September 2015 can be viewed at www.miamilakes-fl.gov/manager.