For Immediate Release
April 30, 2015
Contact: Nicole Lesson
Miami Lakes, FL -The Town of Miami Lakes is pleased to announce the release of its Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2013-14 which outlines the accomplishments over the last year and the status of all major areas of responsibility. The Annual Report shows that Miami Lakes is in excellent financial and operational condition and has accomplished many achievements over the last year, from October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014.
“The past year has been full of accomplishments thanks to the Town’s diligent staff, elected officials and residents,” Town Manager Alex Rey said.
Some of those important accomplishments include:
• Opening of 87th Avenue and 154th Street
• Completing the West Lakes A Drainage Project
• Adopting a Beautification Master Plan
• Implementing a Quarterly Performance Report
• Transitioning the School Crossing Guard Services from Miami-Dade County
• Obtaining a Class 5 rating within the Building Department which resulted in a 25 percent discount in flood insurance to all Town residents
• Implementing a Parks Reservation System
• Securing state funding of $1.3 million through the legislative process, as well as $600,000 from FEMA for a downtown project.
To view the full report, click here