For Immediate Release
April 16, 2015
Contact: Nicole Lesson
Miami Lakes, FL - In FY 13-14, the Town began tracking and reporting performance measures as part of an ongoing effort to be accountable to the public we serve. We are pleased to report, the First Quarter Performance Report from October-December 2014 which is available on the Town Manager's website page or by clicking below.
"The Town continually works to improve delivery of services and the way we measure and evaluate our performance,” Town Manager Alex Rey said. “Performance measures are effective and reliable ways to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the Town’s service delivery as well as our responsibility to be good stewards of our resident’s tax dollars.”
Report highlights include:
• Targeted crime rate is down by 12 crimes compared to 1Q last fiscal year.
• False alarms are down by 43 compared to 1Q last fiscal year, as a result of the implementation of the false alarm monitoring system.
• There has been an increase of 545 Miami Lakes Moover transit riders compared to 1Q last fiscal year due the implementation of the new routes which began in September of 2014.
• A new contract is in place for sidewalk pressure cleaning services, which provides for an increased level of service.
• Grants writer has already surpassed the Town’s goal of securing $168,750 in grant awards, including $1 million for a Canal Bank Stabilization Project.
Click pdf here (1.55 MB) to view the FY 2014-15 First Quarter Performance Report.