Mayor Manny Cid is a 24 year resident of Miami Lakes. He is an associate at Horizon Properties of Miami, Inc. and Vice-President of Always At Your Side Adult Day Care, Inc.
Mayor Cid served Miami Lakes residents as the Senior Legislative Aide to two State Representatives, and served on the town's Youth Activities Task Force and Economic Development Committee.
During his seven years as a Sr. Legilative Aide in the Florida House of Representatives, he successfully worked on important pieces of legislation- such as the "Carbon Moxide Safety Law" and a bill which helped Florida International University recruit a new Medical School Faculty. Additionally, while in the State Capitol, he worked on various appropriations for Miami Lakes residents including funds for the Town of Miami Lakes Bull Run Roadway and Drainage Improvement project.
Currently, he serves on the board of various charitable organizations including the National Art Exhibitions of the Mentally Ill (NAEMI) and the Miami Dora Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides food, clothing, education, medical and dental care for the poverty-stricken children. He is Co-Founder and former President of the Hialeah-Miami Lakes Republican Club and currently serves as a youth baseball coach at Miami Lakes Optimist Park.
He is also a graduate of the Institute for Elected Municipal Officials (IEMO) I & II. The educational program is sponsored by the Florida League of Cities and the John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government.
Mayor Cid and his wife Melissa reside and are raising their two sons in Miami Lakes' Villa Vizcaya neighborhood where he serves as a Board Member of its Condominium Association.
Successfully sponsored initiatives:
- Live webcasting of Town Council meetings
- Performance Based Budgeting (3 year implementation beginning in FY 2013-2014)
- Miami Lakes Sports Hall of Fame (Funded by a private donation)
- Tequesta Indian Artifacts display (Madden's Hammock)
- E-Library Pilot Program
- First City in Florida to accept and play pre-recorded video public comments during municipal meetings
- Elimination of Alarm Registration Fees
- Online Lost and Found Pets Portal
- Complete Streets Integration into 2015 Miami Lakes Strategic Plan
Successfully advocated for:
- Reserve Officer Program
- Town of Miami Lakes School Crossing Guard Initiative
- Royal Oaks Park Playground Shade Canopy
- Sunday On-Demand Bus Service
- Work with County Commissioner Steve Bovo to secure funding for Miami LakesSenior Programs.
- Worked to find funding for the Economic Development Committee first trade show at the International Conference of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Florida League of Cities- Growth Management & Economic Development Committee (2012 served as a member and 2013 as Vice-Chair)
- Chair, FLC Growth Management & Economic Development Committee (2014) appointed by FLC President Lori Moseley (Mayor, City of Miramar)
- Miami Dade League of Cities Budget Committee 2014
- Florida League of Cities Advocacy Committee 2013- present
- Chair, Mother of Our Redeemer Catholic School Board 2014 - present
- Member, Educational Excellence School Advisory Council - Bob Graham Educational Center 2014- present
- Miami Dade League of Cities Legislative Committee 2014- present
- 2015 Florida League of Cities - Resolutions Committee
- 2016 Member, National LEague of Cities Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Committee
Awards & Recognitions:
- Recipient of the Florida League of Cities 2015 Home Rule Hero Award
- Recipient of the Florida League of Cities 2016 Home Rule Hero Award
Office Phone: (305) 364-6100 Mobile Phone: (786) 759-9207
Fax Number: (305) 558-8511