For Immediate Release
March 1, 2017
Contact: Nicole Singletary
Miami Lakes, FL - The Town of Miami Lakes and its Cultural Affairs Committee, is proud to be hosting a luncheon in honor of Women’s History Month. School board member and resident of Miami Lakes, we are honored to have Mrs. Perla Tabares Hantman as the luncheon’s keynote speaker. The luncheon will take place on Saturday, March 4th from 11 AM to 1 PM at the Mary Collins Community Center, 15151 NW 82nd Avenue.
Ms. Perla Tabares Hantman has been committed to improving the quality of life and education opportunities for the citizens of Florida for many years. Ms. Hantman has served as a Miami-Dade School Board Member since 1996, representing District 4, where she has been a tireless advocate for excellence in education championing such programs as the Cambridge Advanced International Certificate, the creation of K-8 centers, and district wide technology integration. Serving nine terms as Chair of the School Board, she presided over some of the most successful years for the district in recent history
In addition to commemorating our keynote speaker, the Town extend the opportunity to the community to nominate women of distinction who either live or work in Miami Lakes.
The award recipients are the following:
• Arts: Clara Lyzniak, Main Street Players
• Business: Gloria M. Garcia, Esq., Gloria M. Garcia, P.A.
• Community and Civic Affairs: Marta Diaz, Miami Lakes Chamber of Commerce
• Education: Hilda M. Fernandez, St. Thomas University
• Government: Gina Inguanzo, Town of Miami Lakes
• Health Services: Alexandra Alonso, Always at Your Side Adult Day Care
• Humanitarian: Lynn Matos, Youth Activities Task Force & Relay for Life of Miami Lakes
• Volunteer: Nancy Rogers, Elderly Affairs Committee
The Town and its Cultural Affair Community proudly congratulate all the Women of Distinction Awards winners!